Thursday, September 8, 2011

Do you need to be Psychic to learn how to read tarot cards?


No, anyone can learn how to read tarot cards. You don't have to be psychic. When I realized I had the ability to read tarot cards I decided it was time to educate myself so that I can learn the correct way of doing tarot readings. The cards are just a way of guiding you through your everyday life. At times I have found that the cards will give you some indication as to what is to come and a lot of the times the cards will show your past and how it has led up to your future.
For beginners I recommend The Rider-Waite Tarot Deck by Arthur Edward Waite.  The books that really helped me learn the proper way to read tarot cards was Learning the Tarot: A Tarot Book for Beginners by Joan Bunning and Learning Tarot Reversals by Joan Bunning. These books were very insightful. They taught me that there are different meanings to the cards if they are reversed and that there are many different layouts that can be used to interpret a reading. I also chose to keep my tarot cards wrapped in a white handkerchief and in a wooden box that I found on amazon.com. I simply searched wooden tarot card boxes and so many beautiful ones came up. I have also chosen to bless my cards. This is not needed unless you are in a religion that believes in blessing things such as catholic, Christian, etc.
There are two types of readings, question readings and open readings. In question readings, you are addressing a specific question. Tarot is not intended to answer specific yes or no questions. Most say it also shouldn't be used to make decisions, but instead should be used as a guide to help you make the decision yourself. For this reason, the way a question is stated is very important.
Open readings address the larger aspects of your life rather than a specific problem area or question. They're usually done when you're entering a new phase of life, such as getting married, graduating from college or starting a family. You can somewhat direct the reading if you have a general area you want to cover, such as your career or health, but that's as specific as the direction gets.
So if you are interested in learning how to read tarot cards these items are a must have!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post, I am wanting to start learning to read. I had heard elsewhere that the deck you recommended is a good one to start with. How and with what did you use to bless your cards, and did you personally pray over your cards, or handle them/learn the cards before you started to use the deck?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I blessed my own cards. The prayer I used was the Apostles Creed and I used holy water I just sprinkled a few drops around my cards and then I did the sign of the cross on the cards with a damp finger from the holy water. I also blessed the box that I have them in. I come from a catholic background and that is the prayer my family uses to bless everything. When I first used my cards they were not blessed but I my house would stay with a negative feeling after readings. I decied to re-bless my house and to bless my cards and it helped a lot because now when I do readings I don't get any negative vibes after the readings.

    But not everyone is the same religion so you can pray in your own religion and say a few words after like protect me during readings and against anything negative. Just make it your own and you will feel the difference.

    ReplyDelete