Sunday, September 4, 2011

Part 5 Of My Journey As A Psychic

My last and most favorite psychic gift is the ability to read tarot cards. I was 14 years old when I did my first reading. I had no idea what I was doing and I was doing it just for fun until the person told me that I was right on with what I was telling her. At this point I just laughed it off but a month later the lady came back to me and told me that I was totally right. I finally decided to invest in a set of cards so that I can get a better idea of what to do with them. Things came pretty naturally to me but there was still a lot I had to learn. So I ordered some reading materials that helped me learn the meaning of the cards better than what I already knew. The books helped a lot and I learned so many different layouts. I learned how to create and customize my own readings on my own and I learned what is the proper way to do a reading with someone in front of me and when I did the readings online.
Tarot cards can be used for practical problem-solving, creative visualization, meditation, self-improvement, as a tool of understanding, for divination and fortune-telling, even for card games. Some collect Tarot cards simply for the joy of the artwork, while others look further into research and study of the history of Tarot cards.
Tarot cards are simply a deck of picture cards containing 78 cards in all. Like regular decks of cards tarot cards have four suits. Only instead of the suits having hearts, diamonds, spades and clubs, the suits of tarot cards are called wands, swords, cups and circles or pentacles.
These four suits are divided into what is called minor and major arcana cards. The minor arcana cards consist of 1-10 cards and Kings, queens, knights and pages. The minor arcana cards are the small practical things in life, the daily ups and downs.
There are numerous ways to lay out tarot cards in order to give a reading and the exact lay out may depend on the type of reading that a person is seeking as well as the reader himself.
The three main uses of tarot cards are:
1. Straight divination
2. Spell work (these decks are especially designed for spell work)
3. Working the Tree of Life (for doing a great work)
While you can use almost any tarot cards for straight divination, only the updated decks can be used for spell work and working the Tree of Life.

1 comment: